Toilets in Paradise

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skiguy...please refer to the following "database" before posting to avoid triggering said Karens ...:rolleyes:

http://www.rsdb.org/full
Not trying to trigger anything. Sorry if your offended. That was not the intent. The term used is an aquatic species and was a term used by climbers well before it was a racial slur and actually was used in place of a cuss word by climbers. Many words have two and three meanings. Some that are actually within Webster's Dictionary, Data bases and of course the not cerebral Urban Dictionary. Also of course varying in degrees of what is politically acceptable. This is a hiking, climbing and skiing board so interpret the rehtoric within the context. Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Not trying to trigger anything. Sorry if your offended. That was not the intent. The term used is an aquatic species and was a term used by climbers well before it was a racial slur and actually was used in place of a cuss word by climbers. Many words have two and three meanings. Some that are actually within Webster's Dictionary, Data bases and of course the not cerebral Urban Dictionary. Also of course varying in degrees of what is politically acceptable. This is a hiking, climbing and skiing board so interpret the rehtoric within the context. Happy New Year!

Surely you don't think I was offended. I thought you knew me better:) I was actually trying to offer my support because I agreed with you. Sorry, It will never happen again :D

Last edited:
Surely you don't think I was offended. I thought you knew me better:) I was actually trying to offer my support because I agreed with you. Sorry, It will never happen again :D
OK…..I did say if. Thank you for the clarification. I guess just another example of how things can be misinterpreted on boards like this.

Last edited:
We once stayed a couple of nights at the DOC cabin near the summit of Moosilauke in the late 60s. The outhouse was on the western slope of the mountain, not that far from the cabin. It had a great view and the way the "ventilation" was configured, when it was windy, you would just about be lifted off the seat.

We once stayed a couple of nights at the DOC cabin near the summit of Moosilauke in the late 60s. The outhouse was on the western slope of the mountain, not that far from the cabin. It had a great view and the way the "ventilation" was configured, when it was windy, you would just about be lifted off the seat.
Sounds as if you faired well and are still here to share your experience. Although not in The Mountains I always wondered and hoped this particular throne was not occupied when the weather elected to increase in velocity. https://youtu.be/k_TWw4YFYhU

Anyone remember the can at the Harvard Cabin in Huntington's?

Pretty grim and no view but was it was equipped with an ensolite "butt protector" designed by the caretaker..

This device hung on the cabin wall and kept you from freezing to the wooden seat during those morning rituals at 10 below.

Anyone remember the can at the Harvard Cabin in Huntington's?

Pretty grim and no view but was it was equipped with an ensolite "butt protector" designed by the caretaker..

This device hung on the cabin wall and kept you from freezing to the wooden seat during those morning rituals at 10 below.

Yes I do remember that device. Similiar craftmanship up at Grey Knob at one point. I never pull my draws down in public as I still have only 3/4's of a Smiley Face imprinted on my buttocks due to those kind of Rub Goldberg devices. Not that I make a habit of pulling down my draws in Public to begin with but in the Mountains one has to act like a Mountaineer.