Water Bottles -- 2022

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm convinced it is the most efficient motion possible. It's practically a perpetual motion machine.

The only downside is that since I've finished drinking and storing my Nalgene pretty much before we've even stopped, I'm constantly being asked, "Hey Brian, can you grab that bottle out of the side pocket of my pack real quick?" And then, "Can I bother you to shove it back in there again." And usually "in there" means a tiny pocket stretched so tight to the side of the pack that it would barely fit a credit card under normal circumstances. The struggle is real.

Hah! I usually hike alone but on the occasion where I am with someone else that invariably happens, usually after they comment on my set up and how convenient it is.

BTW, I have seen bogus stainless steel wide mouth containers that are not vacuum bottles, usually as promotional merchandise that someone grabs without looking at the details. I think I have seen them at Dunkins. They are just an inner and outer thin SS shell with an unknown insulation stuffed between the walls or nothing at all. If looked at carefully, the seam between the inner and outer shells is not welded continuously. There still is some insulating value but considerably less than a vacuum. Caveat emptor.