New Brew Pub in Gorham Open

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.bigdaybrewing.com/

I have not been there yet but the new Brew Pub in Gorham is reported to be open. Its on RT16 just south of the town common. The owners spent a bundle to build a first class place. it would fit well in many high end tourist towns. I think they are in pre-opening mode tuning things up getting ready for the influx of ATVs and bike riders into town next month (still a bit nippy in town and still mud season). One end of the building will have a mountain bike shop (not yet open)and the parking lot will be a major mountain bike access trail point. Its going to get the traffic from down south heading over into the Bethel Maine area. Note their hours are limited currently. Open Wednesday to Sunday

I think Rek'Lis Brewing gave them a shout out on Facebook recently. Not sure if they're friends, former employees or just supporters of other local breweries but it sure would be nice to have a legit brewery in Gorham. Hopefully they're good.

https://www.bigdaybrewing.com/

I have not been there yet but the new Brew Pub in Gorham is reported to be open. Its on RT16 just south of the town common. The owners spent a bundle to build a first class place. it would fit well in many high end tourist towns. I think they are in pre-opening mode tuning things up getting ready for the influx of ATVs and bike riders into town next month (still a bit nippy in town and still mud season). One end of the building will have a mountain bike shop (not yet open)and the parking lot will be a major mountain bike access trail point. Its going to get the traffic from down south heading over into the Bethel Maine area. Note their hours are limited currently. Open Wednesday to Sunday

Stopped in yesterday. Very impressed. The brews were tasty. Did not have any food but they seemed to be doing a brisk business on that front. Will definitely be back.

They are currently just serving indoors but were hard at work on an outdoor Beer Garden. Within walking distance of the Bangor Road Carter-Moriah trailhead!

It will be interesting how things go, there is definitely a split potential for guests, there is small local population of athletically oriented predominantly progressive folks who live up north of the notches due to choice or economics. The Randolph folks are not in town yet but when they are, they tend to support Libby's and Salt along with the White Mountain Cafe or Dermoody Road Coffee house. Then there is predominately working class ATV crowd soon to be in town, to date they tend to go for Barbeque, Pizza and Bud or Miller. I am unsure how they will receive the Brew Pub. There is plenty of business during busy season for all and I hope the Brew Pub is long term in the area. It is walking distance to the CM trailhead if you know how to get to the swinging bridge and not that far away from the Pine Mountain trailhead. Sunday River Brewing gets lot of motorcyclists on road tours in the summer, I wonder if Big Day will also get that crowd?

Last edited:
I finally had a chance to stop by as the place is quite busy around meal times. I tried a flight of beers, very tasty. The place can sit a lot of people, its got a big parking lot but the claim is they have more interior seating than they parking lot can support. Traffic in town is already looking sort of Memorial Day volume a few weeks early and I expect the ATV trails will be open very soon which will bring even more potential business into town. So far they have stuck with a pretty minimalist interior but its nice open space. There are some outdoor tables out back.

They now have four packs of several of their beers for sale at the pub.

One minor caution is much of the menu are slider size sandwiches. Ones good for snack but for meal order a few.

They are now open Sundays.

They now have four packs of several of their beers for sale at the pub.

One minor caution is much of the menu are slider size sandwiches. Ones good for snack but for meal order a few.

They are now open Sundays.

The four packs are also available in some stores now, in Gorham, Lancaster, Littleton and North Conway.