Jason Beaupre completes NEHH grid

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
Jason Beaupre finished the New England Hundred Highest grid last weekend. First known person ever to do it.

1,200 mountains!

I believe I have hiked with Jason only once. A mutual friend was finishing his Hundred Highest on Kate Sleeper. We went over the Tripyramids, and then over to Kate Sleeper. After a small celebration, Jason took off to hike over Whiteface and Passaconaway. As the rest of us were hiking out, back down to the Kanc, we passed some people coming the other way, and inquired whether they had seen him. "We saw the blur as he blew past us," was something close to the reply.

We went to Moat, Jason climbed something else that evening.

The next morning, the rest of us went out for a relatively late breakfast, and by the time we had finished, Jason had texted someone he was already off the Hancocks.

Brian

Jason Beaupre finished the New England Hundred Highest grid last weekend. First known person ever to do it.

Correction - he finished it on April 10, 2022

attachment.php

Tim

Attachments

• IMG_6225.jpg
    IMG_6225.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Wow, just the logisitcs of getting into BSP must have been difficult.

I know what they did at least once between two winter months (since a friend doing the same thing bumped into them) was to go into Baxter near the end of the month and get up all the peaks in that month. Then, they stayed there and the following day the next month started, and they went up all the peaks again, this time up trails they packed down.

If one has the vacation time, it's an efficient way to get a bunch of mountains ticked off in two months.

I know what they did at least once between two winter months (since a friend doing the same thing bumped into them) was to go into Baxter near the end of the month and get up all the peaks in that month. Then, they stayed there and the following day the next month started, and they went up all the peaks again, this time up trails they packed down.

If one has the vacation time, it's an efficient way to get a bunch of mountains ticked off in two months.

Wow, amazing achievement. Seems like the Maine six pack would be even harder than Baxter.

Kudos to this team.

Me and Shay met him on Mt. Liberty a few months ago. Super nice guy and boy can he move. Congratulations on a very tough accomplishment.

Joined him descending Scar Ridge, he was really fun to be with and waited below in the parking lot with beers.

Congratulations.