Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berlin NH ATV Jamboree August 5th and 6th

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Recent legislation passed by the NH legislature and signed into law by the Gov will add a new and exciting element to the ATV fest.

Now all participants can ride fully armed in open carry. This I suppose to disuade aggressive bears and fellow riders.

Fish and Game I salute you. Your already difficult job just got a lot more dangerous.

Oh yeah, it applies to snowmobiles too.
    That's really a dumb statement friend. Very narrow minded and not based on facts of the situation. Thank God I can carry while hiking in NH. And ATV
    rs aren't the issue. Great people. Better them here then the gang bangers and drug lords and just plain creeps coming up from Ma and CT Bears aren't the problem. Leaving it in car or hotel room cause you can't carry isn't great ...I missed that out in Montana this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCaper View Post
    That's really a dumb statement friend. Very narrow minded and not based on facts of the situation. Thank God I can carry while hiking in NH. And ATV
    rs aren't the issue. Great people. Better them here then the gang bangers and drug lords and just plain creeps coming up from Ma and CT Bears aren't the problem. Leaving it in car or hotel room cause you can't carry isn't great ...I missed that out in Montana this spring.
    You said a mouthful, "That's really a dumb statement friend." We are all gang bangers, drug lords and creeps that are supporting the NH tourist industry. Why would those people even come up to NH? What kind of money would one get protecting your turf or selling drugs at high traffic areas like Pond of Safety or at Black Pond. Selling drugs at trailheads to fitness conscious people sounds very lucrative, was the franchise on submarine screen doors already taken?
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

How was it? Nothing yet on F&G's site, that's good news.
    Have fun & be safe
    Mike P.

I saw one report of one serious accident at the park this weekend. It was pretty quiet south of downtown Berlin. The new entrance to the ATV trails in Gorham at the trestle and the new Parking lot just north of it has worked out well despite the shake up of the layout this spring. When I went by on Saturday all the primary spaces and overflow spaces were full. The ATV rental customer lot was just about full. The move of the ATV parking from its former location has reduced traffic on RT 2 west of town from the former parking lot to trickle. At least for this event, the lack of porta potties at the new lot was probably a real problem, the ATV rental place that now owns all three lots has been building a permanent restroom facility but it nowhere near ready. Mr Pizzas lot in Gorham was packed.

The chamber of commerce seems to have figured out how accommodate the crowds on RT 110 and on RT 16 better than in the past. It probably good that they stepped back in to run the event as the private individual building the Jericho Gateway park up the road from the state park has a lot of plans but not a lot of follow through at this point.

Fish and Game should be publishing their reports today and usually makes it on the website before tomorrow morning. The Berlin Sun will be on the stands tomorrow, but they normally "cheerlead" for the event in their coverage and avoid the negatives. Various legal infractions that make it to district court will show up over the course of several weeks. I know the Gorham cops were working the Berlin Gorham road heavily.

Overall I expect a lot of money into the local economy and lots of overtime for the local police and fish and game.