Tower repairs on Carrigain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
If I read it correctly, the Forest Service conducted repairs to the tower over August 1-2, 2022. It's a gem, that tower. I've heard it said one can see something like twenty-eight other 4,000-footers from it. I tell everyone I know to make it their final summit on the 48, just for the joy of seeing so many others.

Brian

If I read it correctly, the Forest Service conducted repairs to the tower over August 1-2, 2022. It's a gem, that tower. I've heard it said one can see something like twenty-eight other 4,000-footers from it. I tell everyone I know to make it their final summit on the 48, just for the joy of seeing so many others.

Brian

It's something in the vicinity of 40 I believe

Last edited:
I hope they fixed that loose piece of grating at the top of the stairs. It might have been safe but the drop in it when someone stepped on it was disconcerting. I wonder if they got around to installing the radio repeater that has been slated for years?. Of course that would also involve the clearing a space to land a helicopter on Signal Ridge.

My final 48th peak was a Flags on the 48 event one year. Couldn't see squat from the tower. Wind was howling. Climbing the tower to mount the flag was an adventure as I'm a bit leary of heights. Climbing back down and stepping on that loose grate was a heart-stopping moment. Still need to go back up there to see the view.