Mystery Ranch scree 32L

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sierra

Reaction score
I decided to upgrade my day pack, replacing my Deuter trail pro 32L. The Deuter was a fantastic pack, but a particular pack caught my eye, the Mystery Ranch scree 32L. This is a fantastic pack, very unique zipper system, It's like the letter T, main zip down from the center and at the top it opens to both sides. It has multiple pockets inside and two pockets on the top, one small, one larger. It can hold a bladder if you use one, personally I can't stand them, I'll take Nalgene bottles everyday. The pack carries exceptionally well and doesn't shift like many packs, once you secure the straps, it's locked in pretty good. Nothing worse then a pack that moves around all day as you bend and flex. The material seems rugged and it's supposed to be quite tough. The torso can be adjusted to fit you as a pack should, actually comes with a plastic blade that you remove and slice through the velcro, allowing you to adjust the torso pad. Comes in at 209 bucks, so it's not cheap, but I get 15 years or so out of my packs, so a few extra bucks is worth it to me. Daisy chains down the back I really like, carabiners are my go to for hanging stuff and you could rig anything on this pack. Two nice wand pockets as well.

With the zipper running through the center of the pack I would worry that it would break if strained too much.

The Scree 32 has been my standard winter pack for at least three years. No problem with durability. Comfort is good with the weight mainly on the lower back pad rather than the hip belt.