Leaf Blower Assisted Rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA has banned the sale of 2 strokes, not the operation of them. Law goes into effect mid 2024. For the amount of money that they have spent on their high speed rail system that goes nowhere, they could have bought everyone in the state an electric leaf blower and a lifetime of batteries.:rolleyes:

Maybe you have misophonia? For many individuals, it’s a strong aversion to the noise of other people eating food near them, or even other people breathing. Some people describe the feeling they get as intense hatred, almost to the point of barely being able to control themselves from doing violent harm to stop it. Just ask my wife. ��

But for any particular person, the triggers can be any type of sound.

This may be. When I hear that terrible sound, I want to beat the perpetrator badly about the head and shoulders.

California has banned two stroke engines for yard equipment and other states will eventually follow. Landscapers are not very happy about it. The electric units still make a lot of noise but less than two strokes. The economics are already tipped towards electric, two strokes are not very efficient and with gas in excess of $6 a gallon, its cheaper to charge batteries off peak.

Cleaner air for the environment but your audiologist bill will probably go up too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBG41hxhT4

Years of working in papermills and power plants trained me to use hearing protection including around the house. It takes a while to get used to putting it in but eventually if become routine.

Turn Around Due to Leaves

I tried to go up to the South Taconic Range from the New York Side, but way south of the trail to Alander Cabin, more the latitude of Mt Frissell. Think of going up Owlhead on ice in sneakers--- had to turn around

Years of working in papermills and power plants trained me to use hearing protection including around the house. It takes a while to get used to putting it in but eventually if become routine.
Ditto. That goes without saying. The electric noise wise IMO is worse than the gasoline version of a leaf blower. Maybe working on taking it at the pipe should be part of the scheme.