Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minus33 Clothing Company

Its not the sheep that is the problem in New England, its the labor. Raw material gets shipped to whereever the labor is cheapest. I remember years ago on a NZ trip that I was looking to buy some NZ merino wool gear. At best I could find product that was made with NZ wool but it was imported from China.

I have a few Minus 33 wool pieces. I think I found them through a website that specialized in Pro deals. Bought a couple Ridge cuff beanies and glove liners. Midweight wool baselayer bottoms that make good sleepwear. I found the tops shrunk funny so they didn't fit right after I washed them. I have a couple pairs of socks, but they feel scratchy for merino wool. I have an expedition weight balaclava that I absolutely love. Hit or miss, but its the same with most wool clothing that I get. Being tall can be problematic.

When I downsized to fit in a 5x10 storage unit, I kept my Minus 33 clothing, if that gives you an idea. I donated a bunch of patagucci and llbean stuff.

Funny, I saw this thread and initially didn’t think anything of it. Then I noticed the other day that a couple of winter hats we have are from Minus33. They have held up well. I must have got them at Ragged. We’ve had them for years.