Blueberry & Black Mountain trails?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can hike both of these Mts. without having to do long road walks right now?

Does anyone know if I can hike both of these Mts. without having to do long road walks right now?

Black via the Chippewa trail is on a residential road, I imagine you can get to the trailhead. Blueberry might require a road walk, but I don't think it would be tough at all. It's not far off the main road to the Glencliff house which is always open. If Ken McCray see's this, he would know for sure. I've done both peaks twice, but never in the winter.

For Black, no issues with Chippewa Trail; Lime Kiln Rd. is a plowed residential road. For Black Mtn. Trail, parking depends on snow depths as the unmaintained end of Howe Hill Rd. is not plowed. Parking is no longer permitted at the top of the maintained road by the fence. NETC has a report on this approach from today.

For Blueberry, Long Pond Rd. closes in winter for the SE approach, but according to the USFS listing is still open at the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/WhiteMountainNF/posts/515987757235576

If the road is closed, the best parking at at the Glencliff Trail lot. Gotta walk from there. For the NW approach from Page Rd. it depends on snow depths, as the small parking area on that end is not plowed.