Apple Watch Ultra 2022

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B the Hiker

VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
My iWatch 2 finally died, and I bought an Ultra a month or two back. I have to say, I love it!

The best part, for me, is the larger watch face. In day-to-day use, I like the always-on watch face, and I find it easier to read text messages.

Part of it, I guess, is that everything works as it should again, as compared to old watch, where Strave no longer ran (operating system stopped updating), and the GPS no longer worked.

With the Ultra, the apps do what they are supposed to. The range where the watch connects to the phone via Bluetooth is quite impressive. I did a two-day backpack running Strava on the watch, and at the end, it still had well over half the battery left.

Aesthetically, the watch is also pleasing.

I haven't used it running a mapping program yet, although I have seen images of maps on the face and have been told it is a nice experience.

Pricey! Can't deny it. But I like the fact the watch liberates me from having to look at my phone all day to see if messages and emails have come in.

Brian