Trail Conditions in the North conway Area?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kltilton

Reaction score
North Conway, NH Avatar: Skiing on Ethan Pond Trai
Does anyone know what some of the shorter hikes are like in the North Conway area right now? I'd like to get in a 6-10 mile run on something like North Moat, Kearsarge North, or something similar tommorow. I'd like to go w/o snowshoes, but don't want to ruin the trail by postholing either. Any info would be helpful . Thanks.

Hi Kltilton,

I was on Kearsage (the one off Hurricane Mountain Road) this past Sunday. Pretty much no snow on the lower section and most of the ledges were snow free as well. The last leg though was still snow covered but solid enough that I did not go through...even on the way down when things had warmed up. I opted not to carry my snowshoes for this hike.

Hope this helps.

-MEB

Agree South Moat would be first choice & then ridge should be combination of pockets of deep snow & bare ledges, coming from North likely to more snow covered. I'd do Kearsagre North as my first choice since MEB has good data then I'd Moats from South