Trypyramids - Saturday 5/14

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
Eric (Tuco) and me hopefully will be hitting all three peaks (two 4000 footers) this Saturday. The plan is to leave from the Livermore parking area in Waterville Valley by about 7am. Planning on ascending via Livermore, Scaur, and Pine Bend Trails and traversing the summits via the Mount Trypyramid Trail then descending the south slide and Livermore Trail back to the lot.

12.1 miles, 3000 feet of elevation gain and a book time of 7:35.

We will be hiking our own hikes (as always) and figure to be a little slower than book time.

All welcome!

I'm planning on being in the area Saturday as I'm going to attempt East Sleeper again...maybe we'll corss paths on the way!

Pucknuts61 I have Friday off too and was thinking of going up Mt Nancy if you interested in joining me.

-MEB

As you pass the William Tell honk your horn, I will be the poor schmuck ripping down my clapboards. Oh the humanity.

Mike the North Slide is fun ! unless you are uncomfortable on slabs . Sometimes finding the "trail can get trciky . Buit I like it better than the lose south slide. I know this is cheating But I ride mt MT bike chain it ot a tree out of sight then ride back . on it call it cross training if you will.
I would Go But I have a job lined up saturday AM hopefull only AM that is .

Thanks for the suggestion SherpaK. As much as I would like to tackle the south slide a 7 a.m. start time is too early! :D I'd have to leave the house by 4! Yikes!

-MEB

RGF1 said:
Mike the North Slide is fun ! unless you are uncomfortable on slabs . Sometimes finding the "trail can get trciky . Buit I like it better than the lose south slide.

Are you guys interested in North Slide? It must be fun.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
sapblatt said:
I have no desire to mess with the North Slide on this trip...possibly later in the year when things are drier.

Agree. It will be a good warm-up for the huntington Ravine Trail. :)

but do you think it is do-able now?

Double Bow said:
I was also contemplating doing the Tris saturday the same way but, I'm still unsure of conditions... May still be too much snow...

I'm thining the same.
:(

BlueZ - I doubt you will ever find me on the Huntington Ravine Trail...unless it is at the bootm looking up and scraming :eek:
I got a report from someone that said there were 3-4 fresh inches of snow on the South Slide last weekend but he figured that the warm days this week will take care of that.
I have been told that the North Slide is all slab and it is often covered with wet moss. I would figure that the moss would be extra wet right now so I am not even consdiering going that route.

Last edited:
Mike, I'm wondering how difficult North Slide compared to Flume Slide. I did Flume Slide in late November last year. It was icy, pretty scary. at that time, I didn't have crampons, but I managed to summit Flume barefoot. I am thinking if we can do North Slide with crampons on.

Flume Slide.
IMG_2069_jpg.jpg

MadRiver said:
As you pass the William Tell honk your horn, I will be the poor schmuck ripping down my clapboards. Oh the humanity.

Love the Wiener Schnitzel at the William Tell. It's especially good after spending a day hiking Welch-Dickey. :)

blueZ said:
Mike, I'm wondering how difficult North Slide compared to Flume Slide. I did Flume Slide in late November last year. It was icy, pretty scary. at that time, I didn't have crampons, but I managed to summit Flume barefoot. I am thinking if we can do North Slide with crampons on.

Flume Slide.
I am not sure if there is a need for crampons right now, it may just be wet. I am not looking for a hike with crampons right now. I love your Slume Slide picture, but it is tough to gauge how steep it is from the image (but it sure looks wet!)

Last edited: