Bondlciff, Bond, West Bond, Owl Head - Memorial Day weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artex

Reaction score
Bondlciff, Bond, West Bond, Owl's Head - Memorial Day weekend

I'm planning on bagging Bondcliff, Bond, West Bond, and Owl's Head over Memorial Day weekend if anyone would like to join me.

Preliminary plan is as follows:

Friday, 5/27- Arrive at Lincoln Woods trailhead between 5-6pm. Hike the Wilderness trail to the junction of Bondcliff Trail. Find a suitable place to set up camp.

Saturday, 5/28 - Hike up the Bondcliff trail and bag Bondcliff, Bond, and West Bond. Hike back down, disassemble camp and head to the Franconia Brook Trail and set up camp at a suitable place along said path or the Lincoln Brook Trail.

Sunday, 5/29 - Bag Owl's Head, hike down and hike out that afternoon.

Let me know if you're interested in part or the entire trip. Anyone is welcome to attend.

Last edited:
Artex said:
Preliminary plan is as follows:

Friday, 5/27- Arrive at Lincoln Woods trailhead between 5-6pm. Hike the Wilderness trail to the junction of Bondcliff Trail. Find a suitable place to set up camp.
IIRC, at least some of the area near the junction is off limits to camping. Camp 16 used to be in there.

Doug

DougPaul said:
IIRC, at least some of the area near the junction is off limits to camping. Camp 16 used to be in there.

Doug

Good to know, thanks! Do you know if the restricted areas are clearly marked?

Artex said:
Good to know, thanks! Do you know if the restricted areas are clearly marked?
Not always. In this case there are some no camping signs back in the woods near the trail. (They are painted with glass-bead reflective paint (like road signs) so they are highly visible at night if you shine a light in their general direction.)

NH_Mtn_Hiker posted a link to the official rules.

There might be some legal areas beyond the Bondcliff Tr junction or still farther beyond the suspension bridge--check the regs.

Doug

Awesome!

The almighty Pennsy has accepted the challenge. Looking forward to it, ole buddy ole pal. :D