Gothics revisited this Thursday?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADK4Life

Reaction score
Montreal, Quebec Avatar : Minarets From Mammoth S
Tried to climb Gothics last Monday..after 6 hours of non-stop rain I decided to call it quits. Going back this Thursday looks like its going to be a great day to play hookie!

Has anyone been up the weld trail or Sawteeth via scenic route the last week? Hoping for good weather and sucess.

If anyone has the day off feel free to join me on the adventure, looks like a nice sunny day with views!

ADK4Life said:
Has anyone been up the weld trail or Sawteeth via scenic route the last week?

I climbed Sawteeth via Scenic Trail yesterday and it is in good shape. It doesn't get as much use as the Weld Trail and is not very muddy or eroded. I didn't descend the Weld Trail so can't offer any information about that trail. I highly recommend the Scenic Trail to Sawteeth, it is very nice. The first half mile hugs the shore of the beautiful Lower Ausable Lake and there are many outlooks from higher up. The photo is from one of the higher outlooks looking down at the lake.

weld trail

I was on the Weld trail on Sunday, climbed Sawteeth and then went over to Pyramid and Gothics. Weld was dry. The trail to Gothics was a bit wet, but no problems. Can't miss teh junction - left for Sawteeth and right for Pyramid - have fun!