My First VFTT Decal Sighting

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if we're resurrecting this thread, how about a black Volvo wagon (a couple of months ago) near Alewife around 5 pm rush hour?

We almost always see at least one at Lincoln Woods.

I ran into Double Bow on Old Speck awhile ago, but I was driving a different car, so no VFTT sticker. I have them on all mine, but would love to get some patches and a T-shirt.

my VFTT sighting: 1

You'd think I'd see another around home (king tut - Camden), but I've never seen another one.

Check my Avatar. It is on my lower left rear window. The lower right is even busier. :D :eek: :eek:

Dave M spotted mine and came over and introduced himself so it has already worked once. ;) I always keep my eyes open for other VFTT stickers.

Keith

Lawn Sale said:
I ran into Double Bow on Old Speck awhile ago, but I was driving a different car, so no VFTT sticker. I have them on all mine, but would love to get some patches and a T-shirt.

my VFTT sighting: 1

You'd think I'd see another around home (king tut - Camden), but I've never seen another one.

Sorry, no sticker on my car. But i'll give you a hint, it's shiny and red and likes to drive fast. By the way, i used to use bumper stickers back in high school on my ford taurus wagon to cover up all the dents in the back of the car. A lot cheaper than getting the dents taken out. Anytime i hit something new, a new sticker would go on! Man, I hated that car.

I have only seen one on the road. It was a 2wd toyota pickup in Boston. We both noticed each others stickers and waved. I haven't seen any on the Cape where I live. Got one on my truck, green 4wd Toyota pickup and one on my kayak.

I often ask people we meet at a trailhead or on a trail if we stop to chat. The usual response is "view from what?" or just a puzzled look. Maybe it's just me. :D

But we did sort of have a first sighting. Keith(SAR-EMT40)
met us at Rocky Branch trailhead and it was the first person who knew what I was talking about.

He didn't have a VFTT then,but watch out for him now!

Saw my first VFTT sticker on Marty's car when we were hiking, unless you have to be driving.

Ridgewalker said:
Saw my first VFTT sticker on Marty's car when we were hiking, unless you have to be driving.

I am proud that my Silver Tacoma truck with the VFTT decal was seen by at least three people in this thread (Swamp, Double Bow, Ridgewalker). Any others?? :D :D

KayakDan said:
But we did sort of have a first sighting. Keith(SAR-EMT40)
met us at Rocky Branch trailhead and it was the first person who knew what I was talking about.

And what a good conversation it was. Learned lots of good stuff about kayaks. My wife and I did buy two and have been having a great time with them over the summer.

Hope to see you out hiking again as the weather gets colder. :D

Keith

marty said:
I am proud that my Silver Tacoma truck with the VFTT decal was seen by at least three people in this thread (Swamp, Double Bow, Ridgewalker). Any others?? :D :D

Hey... I might have seen you too. Were you driving home from NH on 93 on Saturday, Nov. 5? I saw a Silver truck with Mass plates... pretty sure it was a Tacoma. In addition to the VFTT decal there was also a hiker sticker next to it.

- Ivy

I've got a new NH license vanity moose plate on my Green Subaru. It's LUV2HK. I better put my VFTT sticker on soon, otherwise people will think it's Love to Hook. (although I do play hockey, so that might work out ok).

poison ivy said:
Hey... I might have seen you too. Were you driving home from NH on 93 on Saturday, Nov. 5? I saw a Silver truck with Mass plates... pretty sure it was a Tacoma. In addition to the VFTT decal there was also a hiker sticker next to it.

- Ivy

Poison Ivy - that was not me. Maybe there is more than one silver Tacoma with Mass plates! I know VFTTer Injelitko (spelling?) has a silver Tacoma, but he resides in Maine.
Best Regards,
Marty

marty said:
Poison Ivy - that was not me. Maybe there is more than one silver Tacoma with Mass plates!

It was worth a shot! :) It might not have been a Tacoma... it was a few weeks ago so I'm not 100 percent sure. It was definitely a silver truck with Mass. plates though.

- Ivy

I have a silver 4Runner (also a Toyota) with Mass plates, a VFTT sticker on the back window (next to a hiker symbol sticker), and I was on 93 both the wee morning of Nov 5 (3:30-5:30am), and later that night (8-10pm). I also was with Proffessor Plum (who had the candlestick) :D

Maybe you saw me??? :)