I'm going to miss Post'r Boy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chip

Reaction score
:(
Literally, not figuratively, since we've never met.
I was hoping to shadow him through CT or help him re-stock or do laundry or whatever. He has not asked for help or company, so I'm not sure he even wants it, I just thought it would be fun to see some of the hikers thru the area. :mad: Maybe I'll catch the next group.

Last edited:
AT Speed

Is it just my slowness or is PosterBoy going through the AT at an amazing clip? I don't think they ahve even been out three months yet and they are almost in CT...that seems to me like a very high average daily mileage.

Chip said:
my rough calculations show the NY/CT border to be almost exactly 2/3 of the way north.
He'll still have some 750 miles to go after Sunday. What's the average pace ?

I am not totally sure, but I thought 9-12 miles/day was what most do and many take a day off once a week or so...

No, on the LT I've talked to quite a few. Many at that point had been doing 20 mile days at least since central Virginia. Many refer to everything between Virginia and New Hampshire as "The Flat States". They find VT a refreshing change from the privious states but are really looking forward to the challenges of NH.

Hey Chip,

I might be wrong here so take this for what it is worth BUT I think he/they didn't want their itinerary and/or location posted on the web. Just a thought . . .

sli74

P.S. Thanks Chip . . . I think they'd prefer it this way.

Last edited:
Then I owe him an apology. And perhaps we should delete our references.
He did not mention that to me in a couple of PM's.

Edited;

okay I removed my references to any schedule. If you who have quoted me and can do the same, if it helps, this error will be corrected.

Last edited: