Favorite Post Hike Beer!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite post-hike beer?

• Guinness

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Long Trail

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • Saranac

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Sierra Nevada

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Tuckerman's

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 54 49.1%
  • Don't drink, what's it to ya'?

Votes: 13 11.8%

• Total voters

Double Bow

Reaction score
Ashuelot, NH (anyone know where that is?) Avatar:
After a hard day on the trail I know I'm always looking forward to getting into town, having a bite, and take a nice cold 16oz dose of a liquid pain reliever. What I want to know is when you pick your poison, which poison do you pick? Which brew to do you choose to wash the taste of black flies out of your mouth?

Sierra after Gatorade Light

I agree with Mark...a liter of 50 % strength Gatorade is my first thing...when I have achoice...Sierra Nevada and its 5.6 % alcohol content just plain soothes those aching muscles and reloads those needed carbs! :p

It's early, but so far the "others" have it. Not surprising, since the brands listed are all swill in my book with the exception of Guinness, which I'd hardly classify as a thirst quencher. My choice would be Ringnes.

It might be of equal interest to know the beer of choice while on the trail, not at the end of it. Such things have been known to happen.

On my way out of the woods, I first pick up a large pie with fresh garlic and eggplant toppings, and a cooler full of any icey ( or snow packed ) brew ha-has! It's a beautiful thing!

Definition?

Does "Post Hike" mean when I get back to my car? Or when my car gets back home? If when I get to my car -- no way! I'm sleepy enough as it is, I don't need all those carbs swimming around my system while driving!! If at home, well them... I don't know. Recently I've been drinking Grolsch.

-Dr. Wu

I'll imagine the beer was for when you are kicking back and relaxing a short while after the hike - after you drank a water or gatorade or whatever..., My choice is regular ol Sam Adams.

Water and coffee....I need to drive home.

lumberzac said:
When I do have a post hike beer, which isn’t all that common, I like to have a 46er IPA from the Lake Placid Brewery.

Yes! Or Frostbite, from the same brewery, which is being bottled now! Woo hoo!!!

I like to keep it local, so I went with the Tuckerman's. One of Woodstock's brews or a visit to the Moat Mountain will also do the trick!

On the mountain, I usually drink a Foster's oil can. Afterwards, you can't beat a Smuttynose IPA.

Bjarni said:
It's early, but so far the "others" have it. Not surprising, since the brands listed are all swill in my book with the exception of Guinness, which I'd hardly classify as a thirst quencher. My choice would be Ringnes.

It might be of equal interest to know the beer of choice while on the trail, not at the end of it. Such things have been known to happen.

You consider the beers on that list swill yet you admit to drinking Ringnes?

Hmmmmm... :confused:

I don't drink any more water ( I drink a ton ) for the last 1/2 mile to mile of trail so that freezing cold Bud Light bottle from the cooler taste that much better. TJH

Yes, to clearify further, the beer that you have when you are relaxing post hike whether that's at the car, at a restaurant or back home.

PS I put Saranac in there to try to be sensitive to our friends from NY. It's the only hiking related NY beer I ever see around home.