Zealand/Bonds Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudwalker

Reaction score
Anyone interested in doing a one day through hike starting at the Zealand Trail and finishing at Lincoln Woods? I'd like to do this on 7/2 or 7/3 if the weather is decent. Obviously, this would require a car spot which I'd like to do the night before, if possible, so we can get an early start, say around 6 am.

I will be moving at a moderate pace with breaks on the summits to take pictures and contemplate the views.

This is a great hike! I hope you get some company and great weather. It is a great way to hit a lot of very special 4ks for relatively little elevation gain.

You get Zealand, [Guyot], West Bond, Bond and Bondcliff for under 4,000 ft of total elevation gain! Add in a nice warm up along the Zealand trail with the ponds and possible moose sightings (we saw a rabbit), the falls and views from Zeacliff (which I need to go back and check out!) plus lots of above treeline travel.

The walk out along the Wilderness Trail is a bit of a slog but at least it's flat!

My master plan for the Wilderness Trail is to re-introduce a logging train as a tourist attraction 'You've ridden the Cog now ride the Log!' and give free rides to hikers with drops at all the intersecting trails :D

Bob

Enjoyed looking at your pictures. What’s the make and model of the camera you use? The picture clarity is great!

Unfortunately, the last time I did this hike my wife and I were dealing with the remnants of hurricane Bob (Aug 1991) and didn't get to see any views.

I noticed reading through your picture captions that you need to get Owls Head. If you plan on doing Owls Head this summer and want some company let me know, I to need to get that one.

Happy hiking.