Family camping in Vermont

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
Greetings Everyone -
could anyone suggest a decent family camping area in Vermont...somewhere roughly within the triangle created by Bristol, Montpelier and Stowe?
Any suggestions appreciated...bringing my much better half, Gail and the camping boy, Aaron...camp store, toilets and showers are desirable!
Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Gold Brook Campground in Stowe should meet your needs - try to get one of the sites down by the river. It's not too far from things, but is private with a large field that is kept mowed, with the river right there to cool off in.

Groton State Park. East of Montpelier on Rt 2

i worked a summer in the vermont state parks, so i got to visit quite a few of them. my favorite sites are at mt mansfield, but i do not recall if they had showers or not. but the lean to's are awesome w/ huge firepits and some are near the river. there is a park in waterbury reservoir which is nice and does have bathrooms and showers. and someone also said grotton, which is probably the best family area. they have between 3-5 campgrounds there. they also have a real nice lake/beach in grotten to spend a day at. if you ever get all the way west to lake champlain, check out mt philo, which is between middlebury and burlington. cool place to camp, it is a mini mt, maybe 600 feet high that has great viewpoints from the top, especially at night when rt 7 lights up w/ cars. you can drive to the top.