Edmunds Path, Crawford Path to Alpine Garden, Saturday 6/25

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Oops! wrong forum for a trip report and I can't seem to move it :eek:

Well, I just read the thread about so many heat victims this weekend. A ll I got was a bad sunburn :mad: I'll never hike without sunscreen again!

A west wind was strong and steady for this hike. I started at about 8:00 a.m., and the wind was keeping me nice and cool. I barely sweated up the Edmunds Path, then as I broke treeline the wind was quite strong. I changed my shirt and did not break a sweat again.

Mt. Washington was in the fog, and a heavy haze dimmed the views of other peaks to the East, South and West. Later in the afternoon, the fog lifted but the haze remained.

I hiked to Lakes of the Clouds, where I was pleasantly by the sounds of frogs.
Then I decided to take the Tuckerman Crossover and head for the Alpine Garden, where I found that all the diapensia and lapland rosebay were gone :( , but still some nice alpine bluets.

I turned around and retraced my route all the way back. The west wind never stopped, sometimes forcing me to "lean in" a bit. Many hikers commented on the wonderful wind.

Last edited:
Spectacular pictures! Nicely done. :D

Bummer about the sunburn. Do you have any aloe vera gel laying around? That always worked wonders for me. It'll cool your skin while keeping it moist.