Mt Clough 7/2

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarossa

Reaction score
I am planning to do Mt Clough from the north, starting at either Long Pond Road or Tunnel Brook Road. The northerly ridge is long and gently sloped. I want to start at the Benton Trail parking lot, or the corresponding spot on the other side of the ridge at LOng Pond. If I can find someone to accompany me, we could spot a car further down Long Pond Road near the summit.

I like to start very early, but can accomodate. My pace is medium, or a bit slower.

I'll be interested to hear how you do. Pat and I did it years ago from the North-South Road via the shortest route possible. It was mostly open and very pleasant except for blowdown patches near the summit. Mohamed Ellozy, on the other hand, did a route from that direction nearer the cliffs and it was reportedly quite difficult.

audrey said:
I'll be interested to hear how you do. Pat and I did it years ago from the North-South Road via the shortest route possible. It was mostly open and very pleasant except for blowdown patches near the summit. Mohamed Ellozy, on the other hand, did a route from that direction nearer the cliffs and it was reportedly quite difficult.
Barbarossa and I already attempted Clough from the South East and it was thick and nasty! I found out later (or before maybe?) that the approach from the North was nicer.

-Dr. Wu

I plan to cover most of the ridge coming from the north, so it won't be short. I did the Benton trail on Moosilauke last fall and the ridge caught my eye.

Audrey: I'll let you know. I might even reach the top this time!