Google Earth

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got it last night. Fantastic, I can even pinpoint the timeframe when the aireal shot of my house was taken because of the color of the car in the driveway and the old deck that has been replaced (about 5 years ago). I looked at tripyramid, does the North slide show up as red on others computers?

Oh boy, I just downloaded World Wind here at work... my productivity is going to drop. Very cool software though!

The End!

OMG! I was just able to download Google Earth at work. This is the end... no more work done, ever!

It's great -- if you can download it, do it. It's even got Hawthorne Falls listed!?

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
OMG! I was just able to download Google Earth at work. This is the end... no more work done, ever!

It's great -- if you can download it, do it. It's even got Hawthorne Falls listed!?

-Dr. Wu

Wow, this is really great! ( I resisted the temptation to d/l it at work ) :D

Spencer,

Thanks for letting us know about this ...... it's incredible. My company, however, will be losing much productivity as I have already turned 5 or 6 others onto it. Everytime I show someone, I give them the obligatory Dr. Wu disclaimer ....... "you will not get any more work done, ever!" :D

Rob

I don't share the same enthusiasm about Google. Perhpas I've got it wrong, but I see no mts or trails - only 'forest green' on their map.

click the "roads" option and the trails will be there, unnamed, but there.

I was playing with Google Earth

I found the overlay feature. I took a trail map and then "overlayed" over the areas I was headed. To be completely honest it didn't do a ton for helping me out with ploting a route it was just kinda neat.

It did however give me an idea of what kind of land and/vegitation was on a particular part of the trail. It gave me an idea of where I was on the trail.

Try it. It's just an example of all the fun you can have with google earth.

Has anyone else found any cool things? I am bored!

Last edited: