Sherpa John & Team Sherpa featured in The Mountain Ear

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayflower

Reaction score
For those in the Conway, NH area, this week's Mountain Ear cover article is about Sherpa John and Sarah and Team Sherpa. The paper is free throughout Mt Wahington Valley, so if you're passing through this weekend, be sure to pick up a copy. The article will raise awareness outside of the VFTT community about the need for support for diabetes research. It's a great article about two great people! Check it out!

I read it while on vacation with the family last week. Thought it was well done!

Update

I didn't realize that this paper is also available on the other side of the Kanc, in the Lincoln area. There are two editions, but this article was supposed to be in the Lincoln edition also. So for folks in the Lincoln area, pick up a Mountain Ear with Sherpa John on the cover! It'll be avaliable through Wednesday. And if anyone wants to see the article, and wasn't in the Whites to get one, e-mail me, and I'll grab one for you. I can snail mail it to you, or we can meet at a trailhead sometime!

Sherpette is a real hero

I think the article did a great job at focussing on the significance of what Team Sherpa is hoping to accomplish. Diabetes has effected several of my family members, including my father, uncle, and grandfather. Sherpa John has done a wonderful job of bringing this serious illness the the public's forefront. Simutaneoulsy, he has reengerized NH peakbagging with his movie. Still, I think the real story is that of Sherpette (Sarah Chretien). Anyone who can overcome major diversity to accomplish a goal, especially an adversity as challenging as type one diabetes, is a warrior. Sarah expemplifies what I envision as a hero. I'm sure there are other wonderful stories like Sarah's of people with similar hardships who have completed the NH 4K list. I hope they can be shared.

I was concerned with the last section of the article regarding people who have a problem with what Sherpa John is doing. Using peakbagging (speed or otherwise) to promote a philanthropy, especially one as wonderful as finding a cure for diabetes, needs everyone's support. Good luck John, and thanks for the inspiration, Sarah!

Gee, did I get credit for taking the cover photo? any royalties coming my way? laffs

I feel like I know famous people. This is too cool.

A great article!

I enjoyed reading it, too - it's very informative and inspirational. We can all learn from John and Sarah that we can do a little bit more for the betterment of others. Thank you!

I have to say, This article was written well. After speaking with Tom on the phone for over an hour, he seemed more like a friend. This story hit home for him as he too is a type one Diabetic and it was fun sharing storys over the phone of our frustrations and stupidity with the disease. With all the information we gave him, he pulled out the most important parts and produced this informative article. Thanks to Tom and all those who took those lovely photos! ;)

The story is featured in both versions of the Mountain Ear. I believe that the only difference between the two is the lay out. But I'm not entirely sure.

Thanks to Mayflower for pointing out the article. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it thus far. SJ and I were a little worried that it would be used more for Kindling in camp fires than for reading pleasure. :D

Thanks Panama! Tell your kids I say hello and I can't wait to see them again!