Smarts Mtn 7/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarossa

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a hike tomorrow? This is one of those "NH Firetower" peaks, I believe. Tomorrow is supposed to be another steamer, so I would like to get an insanely early start. OK, I like to start early, regardless.

Be sure to bring plenty of water.

Reactions: yam
Smarts is a great mountain. I'd recommend a loop up Lambert Ridge and down the Ranger Trail, FYI -- see more terrain, and Lambert Ridge has a few nice lookouts.

Gotta love those Upper Valley peaks!

Barbarossa said:
This is one of those "NH Firetower" peaks, I believe.
It has a fire tower, but doesn't count for the Quest because it's not staffed.

RoySwkr said:
It has a fire tower, but doesn't count for the Quest because it's not staffed.

Go anyway, Barbarossa, 'cause it's a nice hike. But whether or not tomorrow is the best day for a fire tower with usually great views I wonder. From here to N. Conway today, I didn't see one mountain. It's a thick muggy pea-soup atmosphere. It probably won't clear out until Wednesday. Then there's the issue of being up there in a metal tower in t-storms....

Waumbek said:
Go anyway, Barbarossa, 'cause it's a nice hike. But whether or not tomorrow is the best day for a fire tower with usually great views I wonder. From here to N. Conway today, I didn't see one mountain. It's a thick muggy pea-soup atmosphere. It probably won't clear out until Wednesday. Then there's the issue of being up there in a metal tower in t-storms....
The firetower bit was just for enticement. I know the weather will be murky, but it fits my calendar. With an early start I should be off the ridgeline before any thunderstorms kick up.