Trip not completed but not failed

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Structure

Reaction score
Well my first time ever being in the White Mtns and leading a group went decent. Got to Pinkham Notch Visitor Center about 2 hrs later than i wanted (1am) and headed out tryin to see if it was possible to get a group of 5 up mt washington. We stated out on Tuckerman's since Huntington was wet and possilby to slippery. At the trail split to Lion's Head we stopped and I checked our time. We were doing great and i figured that we could make it up and down mt washington in plently of time at this pace saw that one of the group members was having bad blisters already (because he had failed to tell me that he was wearing brand new boots). Well as it would be we some how left the mole skin in the car as well. I decided to hike towards Hemit Lake and then hang out there for a bit. After which we hiked on Boot Spur back to Pinkham Notch. The trail was slow since there was flowing water over the rocks basically the entire way back. Besides that it was a great day. Cant wait to go back and summit washington and eventually lead a group on the Presi traverse

It's never a bad decision to turn around; the mountain will always be there, but you may not be if you push the envelope. Glad the hike turned out well and you had a good time.

Just to be clear, did you start your hike at 1:00 AM? Not that there's anything wrong with night hiking, I just was interested.

-dave-

AHHH good question greg. No i did not start my hike at 1am...i ment to say 1pm. Probably should have tried to catch up on some sleep before posting that. Thanks for the question :D