ADK - Kid friendly - Aug 4th 2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

percious

Reaction score
ADK - Kid friendly - Aug 7th 2005

Hey all. I've been avoiding the ADK all summer so now I am eager to get back. This upcomming weekend my family is staying at paradox lake, and on Sunday I will have the opportunity to take my son out for his first real 46. Ok, so he won't be climbing most of it, but he will be there and hopefully get to see his mountain.

I am interested in climbing Nippletop and Dial, in that order. Colden's legs work best in the morning, and very little in the afternoon. The flat road in should be a good, SLOW warm up.

The other hike I have been trying to cross off my list is Sawteeth. This peak has a similar approach/retreat. I would consider throwing in Gothics if time/energy allowed.

I am looking for anyone to join me that doesn't mind walking at Colden's pace for some of the flat sections. If anyone wants to volunteer to take some water up for me it would be appreciated (but not required). This trip is weather dependent. So let me know if you are interested in joining!

-percious

Last edited:
I am planning on climbing on the Saturday, but may be able to switch. How old is your son?

Looks like Kevin from ADK forum is joining Colden and I, and we will be hiking Sawteeth and possibly Gothics. We are taking the scenic trail up. All are welcome.

-percious