Thunderstorm in the Whites 8/1/05

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
Hey

Was wondering how the severe storm was near Lincoln tonight (8/1). Looked like the Pemi got nailed. Was wondering if anyone was caught out in it (hiking or not). That storm looked (s) nasty on radar. I'm in Piermont at a summercamp and its black here but so far, no major storm.

grouseking

I heard reports of Hail and some rotation in the clouds. Hope blowdowns were minimal.

grouseking said:
Hey

Was wondering how the severe storm was near Lincoln tonight (8/1). Looked like the Pemi got nailed. Was wondering if anyone was caught out in it (hiking or not). That storm looked (s) nasty on radar. I'm in Piermont at a summercamp and its black here but so far, no major storm.

grouseking

Severe enough over Franconia between 6-8 p.m. to make me a) stay off the phone because I could hear a voice (!) on it w/o picking it up; b) unplug the computer from the wall; c) postpone showering. Torrential rain and only a split-second delay between lightning and thunder. For all that, the power is still on. This was forecast precisely so forewarned was forearmed. I got my outdoors time early this morning.

Hey Phil carroll country had 1 inch hail, and Im sure there was other places as well. I was going to electroshock with fish and game at whiteface brook tomorrow but I think it will be too high. Pretty neat storms though. -matt