ADK Hundred Highest or Slide 8-04

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
My hiking plans for the summer revolve around chipping away at the HH and doing slides. If you interested in doing something along those lines this thursday, let me know here.

Neil said:
My hiking plans for the summer revolve around chipping away at the HH and doing slides. If you interested in doing something along those lines this thursday, let me know here.

Neil, if any of them have a firetower at the top, let me know!

Well, a lot of them do. Wakely, Hurricane, Pilsbury, Lyon (you did that one, right?) and probably some others. Here's the catch: if I end up going alone I'll stick to a trailed HH. If I have company I'll do a bushwhack or a slide (probably WF). I guess I should have mentioned that. Also, rain cancels.

This trip is off, my car needs a new transmission. :eek:

Neil said:
Well, a lot of them do. Wakely, Hurricane, Pilsbury, Lyon (you did that one, right?) and probably some others. Here's the catch: if I end up going alone I'll stick to a trailed HH. If I have company I'll do a bushwhack or a slide (probably WF). I guess I should have mentioned that. Also, rain cancels.

Bummer about your car.

I've done Snowy, Wakely, Pillsbury and Lyon, and I still want to do Hurricane and Blue. But I guess our tastes will not coincide very well. I'll be glad to go with you to a HH peak with a firetower, which unless I am mistaken, rules out bushwhacks. Oh well, I'll get to that point eventually...

Tom Rankin said:
Bummer about your car.

I've done Snowy, Wakely, Pillsbury and Lyon, and I still want to do Hurricane and Blue. But I guess our tastes will not coincide very well. I'll be glad to go with you to a HH peak with a firetower, which unless I am mistaken, rules out bushwhacks. Oh well, I'll get to that point eventually...
Tom, there was a flaw in my logic. If you aren't interested in trailless HH and I don't want to bushwhack alone then we're on the same wavelength for any of the trailed HH that are on both of our lists. Again, we'll keep in touch.

Alistair, yeah, the minivan. 1400 looney smackers.

alistair said:
$1400 canadian ....... thats like $2.50 US ????

Used to be.... Now its $1176 US.

The Americans missed out on a great cross border shopping period of time. I'm finally back to buying stuff when I go over to the US.

-Shayne