Andover Whitecap Aug 6th -Quest for Blueberries

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I am making my annual "fill the freezer" run up to Andover Whitecap (near Rumford Maine) Saturday morning. Its a great short hike (1 hour or so) with great views from the summit. This is definitely not a major hard core trip but if you are from the area and havent made it up this is your chance.

A reliable source was up last weekend and reported the best blueberries he has ever seen and that they are at peak. This is a popular picking area, but its the best consistent crop I have found in the area. We are meeting at the intersection of Rt 2 and Rt 5 near Rumford Point at 9 AM Saturday morning. This is not an all day event, everyone can leave when they wish or when they cant carry anymore (I have met indivduals who fill drywall pails). The other plus is that its just up the road from Sunday River Brewing.

BTW, there is a small alpine bog at the top with carnivorous plants (pitcher plants) near the top

PM me of you have questions