COHOS Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steadyhiker

Reaction score
Is the trail complete, I found a book in N Conway and am interested in this trail.

Have you checked their website? I believe that there have been some closures in the upper part of the CT due to active logging operations and the uppermost part of the trail is still a work in progress. In any event, you should find contact info on the website to get an accurate update.

Cohos

I tried to email the PIC and the email was returned. It appears that the website has been abandanded by the admin.
Dave

steadyhiker said:
I tried to email the PIC and the email was returned. It appears that the website has been abandanded by the admin.
Dave

Not a good sign. I remember that Kim Nilsen (sp?) was the driving force behind the trail, but I don't know if he remains involved. You might try calling the Balsams hotel in Dixville Notch and see if they have trail or contact info.
The CT goes by the hotel, and earlier on they were supporting the venture.

I just visited their website without a problem. Try emailing w/o pic or an attachment. I've section hiked some of this remote and beautiful trail. It's great if you wish peace and quiet. Enjoy!

You might want to search this site using "cohos trail " as keywords. There have been earlier threads on this trail plus different sections of the Cohos Trail are known by different names, the Kilkenny Ridge Trail and the Davis Path both comprise sections of it, I believe.

You also might want to check out Papa Bear's website for a description and many photos of the Kilkenny Ridge Trail.

http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2h6gy/papabear/Killkenny_Ridge_2004.html

We did that section of the Cohos together last year and it's a great trail all on its own. I also had no problem using the Cohos trail link above, website seems fine to me.

Last edited:
Thank you for the contact to be added to the mailing list, the great link unknown to us, and for your most helpful post!