First Maine trip

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
Again big thx to the VFFT for all the talk about Maine, it is a beautiful place. We stayed at Blackwoods, loved the place except my wife wasn't happy about driving to the showers...will keep this short....rained every morning for the first 4 days....since it was a family trip with my friends family going we spent most of the time riding the carriage trails around Jordan pond, fishing off the docks for mackerals, my daughter caught 20 one night, went tide pooling a few times, swan in the chilly water at sand beach. While they were at the beach i hiked the beehive the steep way, i was nervous in certain spots because i have no guts but then on the way down i went swimming in the Bowl...that was really cool so i told my friend and family and we went there again the next day..My kids hiked to the Bowl while I led my friend up the beehive but i messed up and took him up the easy way, so we went back down and then went up the hard way, then we went to the Bowl to go swimming...my kids were nervous because of the leaches...sorry to say i didn't hike Cadillac mtn because i had one morning to do it and i overslept because i wanted to see the sun rise..but i did drink a cadillac beer, and bar harbor beer and coal porter beer and ate lots of lobsters...we also took a 2 hr nature cruise around bar harbor...it was cloudy for 3 days and sunny for the last 2...next time i go it will be adults only, kids were kids. oh yea..while fishing in Bar Harbor I bumped into my Aunt from Los Angles, small world, we ate at McKays next to her hotel....fish and chips were really good!

coldfeet said:
i was nervous in certain spots because i have no guts

What?!?!? Coldfeet, right? The guy whose first "real" winter hike was an 11 mile, 10 hour snowshoe slog on Cabot? No guts?????

Anyway, David, I'm glad you got to enjoy "lobster hiking" in the wilds of Acadia Nat'l Park. It's a wonderful place, and I'm glad you now have gotten your feet wet in Maine.

So when will you be climbing Katahdin?
:D

HiMadTownie...glad to hear and see you....about that first hike, remember I was invited and had no idea what to expect, I guess the excitement is not knowing what's coming...like a roller coaster....see i'm lucky because it's all new to me....I'd like to try Baxter next summer but I'm waiting to see a thread about it from someone I know,,,,hey are u inviting me?...Are u going to the gathering?...I am....this has been the best "outdoor" year in my life and it's 99% due to this website..the other 1% is my wife being nice to me. see ya...

Of course I'm inviting you! Sure you don't want to go in February? :eek:

See you in VT.