"Best Hikes with Dogs: New Hampshire and Vermont" (book)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arghman

Reaction score
Goffstown, NH Avatar: No Once-lers or thneeds
not a canine owner & can't vouch for content, but this Sunday's (9/11/05) Concord Monitor had an article about a new book "Best Hikes with Dogs: New Hampshire and Vermont" by Lisa Densmore. (Article seems to be unavailable by internet.)

Reactions: MEB
arghman said:
not a canine owner & can't vouch for content, but this Sunday's (9/11/05) Concord Monitor had an article about a new book "Best Hikes with Dogs: New Hampshire and Vermont" by Lisa Densmore. (Article seems to be unavailable by internet.)
The name sounds familiar... Is she the co-host of "Wildlife Journal" on NHPTV?

Smitty

Her maiden name is Feinberg, she was a skier at Dartmouth when I went there. She's also written a book on skiing called "Ski Faster: Lisa Feinberg Densmore's Guide to High Performance Skiing and Racing".

She and Willem Lange co-host Wildlife Journal.

-dave-

Last edited:
Uh oh, Double Bow's going to have to come up with a new project.

#@$?!@%@*(#@&)!!!!!!!! :mad:

Did I hike with her????? :confused:

For those not "in the know", I have been working on a book of good hikes with dogs. I guess if I wrote more than a page a week, I might have finished long ago! :eek:

In all seriousness, I'm sure this is a wonderful book. I'll have to check it out!

Yes, I take George with me on hikes that I know he can do on days that aren't too warm. I've found that I need to scout them out first to make sure that he can handle them. Having had to turn back with him in the past made me wish there was a book out there that looked at trails from a dogs perspective.

Obviously, every dog is different and certain breeds are, by nature, better suited for hiking than others but, I was attempting to write a book that would describe trails in a way that one could assertain whether or not a particular hike would be appropriate for their four-legged companion and would rate them accordingly.