Nascar This Weekend

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAARRRGGGHHH! I am getting tired of this stuff! I don't even remember wehre I was last time, but I do remember waiting in No Woodstock until the traffic cleared on the return. This will definitely impact my hiking plans for Sunday as one of us has to get back to Manchester for an early evening flight.

Now I hate NASCAR for another reason. Let's see, that's about 7 reasons now.

SherpaKroto said:
AAARRRGGGHHH! I am getting tired of this stuff! I don't even remember wehre I was last time, but I do remember waiting in No Woodstock until the traffic cleared on the return. This will definitely impact my hiking plans for Sunday as one of us has to get back to Manchester for an early evening flight.

While taking 89 to 93 is the direct route, it's also the one that will get you the most traffic. You may want to consider 89 to 91 to 9 to 101. It's longer mileage-wise but, it may prove to be faster.

From the Boston area, it's 34 miles longer to go
Rte 3 => Rte 101A => Rte 101 => Rte 9 => I-91 => I-89
instead of
I-93 => I-89

The question is ... how bad does traffic have to be for that to still be a net win? 101A over going all the way up to 101 is worth it, then you've got some 101 highway, then it's back down to slower roads all the way to the Vermont border. It's too early in the morning for me to think about it; however, I'd be curious if someone calculates when it's a win.

cp2000 said:
LOOK YALL THEY GOIN' ROUND AND ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED ANOTHER MILLER HIGH LIFE AND A BLOOMIN ONION :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I feel a bit like an English teacher here, but the proper grammar on your post would be as follows:

"Look at that everyone. They are going around and around! I would like to have another Miller High Life and a Bloomin onion."

What's the world coming to when NASCAR fans have to correct grammar?

Getting back to hiking

This was meant to be a friendly reminder to the " hiking community", for those of us who have not made plans yet.
The facts are that Nascar is here, in central NH twice a year and there's not much anybody can do about it.
So, with proper notice, we can plan to avoid these area's on those days.

Generally, the days you want to avoid this area are on Every third Sunday in July and September.
I took the liberty of checking the Nascar schedule for 2006.
July 16th and September 17th are race days.
So you may want to make a mental note or mark your calendar.
I'm sure we can find other places to hike on those weekends.

Nascar always takes a backseat to hiking for me.
However, I think Mark S sums it up best, by saying, " there's more to life than hiking".Some people don't "get" hiking. and some people don't "get" Nascar.
Don't knock it till you try it, put a little on your plate.

Ya'll juzt don't get nascar... I reckon.
Now, start your engines! :D

Steve

Mark S said:
Go Russsssssty! Look for me in section FS. Scanner in one hand, beer in the other. Hey, there's more to life than hiking. :D

I have no problem with cars going around a track,
it makes as much sense as inflated pigskin transport through enemy lines. ;)
But whats the scanner do ?

Chip said:
I have no problem with cars going around a track,
it makes as much sense as inflated pigskin transport through enemy lines. ;)
But whats the scanner do ?
The scanner is so you can listen to the pit crews. Most also have an FM radio so you can here the comentary

If these race fans can juggle beer, scanners and radios while simultaneously listening to the pit crews,
commentators and other fans, they are more highly evolved than I ! :eek:
Makes backpacking look like a walk in a park, oh wait...

So the question is ... what's the best way to get onto I-89 from I-93 north while missing any Concord/Loudon back to Hooksett backed-up traffic?

MichaelJ said:
So the question is ... what's the best way to get onto I-89 from I-93 north while missing any Concord/Loudon back to Hooksett backed-up traffic?

I would suggest, if you must take this route is to leave early.
Be in Hooksett by 6am, to avoid the 4 lane to 2 lane back-up at the 89 junction.
If not, wait until around noon, as most people should be at the track by then.

Stev-o said:
Some people don't "get" hiking. and some people don't "get" Nascar.
Don't knock it till you try it, put a little on your plate.

I "get" both and enjoy both. I just don't "get" golf.

I got stuck in a NASCAR traffic hell in Bristol, Tennessee one year while going to the Smokies. I didn't see one sober driver for 2 hours. Be safe out there kids.