Jigger Johnson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddy

Reaction score
I would like to camp at Jigger Johnson arriving Oct 3. It appears that they operate on a first come/first serve basis. What are the chances of it being filled up five days prior to the holiday weekend?
Are there any "special" sites I should check out?
Also, are dogs welcome there???

No info on camping, but a little Jigger Johnson trivia if I may. Jigger Johnson was a tough SOB, a great logger and a mean son of a gun, stood about 5 ft tall but liked the bottle and was mean as any bear in the Whites, personally I liked the guy, ( though I never did get to meeet him),

Since you are arriving on a Monday I would doubt you would have any problem getting a site. The campgrounds on the Kanc are usually only full from Friday's to Sunday.

Thanks for the replies.
Sierra...I hope to meet the "ghost" of JJ in October. Souns like quite the character.
Looking forward to the expedition.

Agreed, You should have no problem on that Monday. Keep in mind the crowds do spike in October, but probably not until that Friday. I guess JJ is first-come-first-serve, but you can reserve sites at Covered Bridge campground. My wife and I will be staying there 9/30th. Site 49 is nice and private. ;)

Passaconaway Road is nice for walking and Kodi can swim in the Swift River.

Happy Trails!

Last edited:
jj

Is that bear still making the rounds after dinner??

We just stayed at Jigger Johnson this past Friday and arrived around 6:30. No problem getting a campsite,so I imagine a Monday would be very easy.
New prices for Kanc campgrounds-JJ is now $20.00,but for $2.00 you can have a nice hot shower,and the bathrooms have flush toilets! Way too cushy for me! :D