Lake Durant

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrimarc

Reaction score
Hey all,

I hate to post asking about camping locations - i know many hesitate to give away their favorite spots.

However, i was recently made aware of camping spots BEHIND Lake Durant, off route 30. These, i guess are state camping sites, although not associated with the State Public campsite. There is a dirt road past the campground and there are supposed to be tent sites back there. Anyone know about them, and want to share any info? Such as if there are lean-to's or just tent sites, how hard is it to get in, canoe launch nearby, condition of the sites etc.

Thanks in advance for any data you can throw out to me,

Rob

Last edited:
Havne't seen them in a few years but they were easy to get to, you can put in a canoe easily there, at the start of a nice trail, no lean-tos's (informal sites) heavily used in the summer, not bad conditon the last time I saw them but as I say that's been a few years.

durant

heavily used by the beer party/loud music crowd due to the free drive up access. Spent many a night at the formal campground, lsitening to the noise from these sites