Middle Moriah

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too difficult, but I never did find the canister. It is quite thick in there. There is a nice ledge that yields some views, but with thigh deep snow in late May, I did not venture that far. The best route is fairly obvious for the first 100 feet, then you try to head to the the tallest hump...

SherpaKroto said:
Not too difficult, but I never did find the canister. It is quite thick in there.
It was not easy but not that far. I'm not sure why there would be a canister.

RoySwkr said:
It was not easy but not that far. I'm not sure why there would be a canister.
When I headed out there, I thought there was one. Makes me happy to know there wasn't, as I am sure I reached the true summit. It was fairly thick due more to the snow than anything else. It took me a few tries to find the right little bump :) Now heading down was another story. Took a little detour...

Having visited Middle Moriah last weekend, I too am glad to learn I didn't miss the canister. On the map it looks like it might rise 200 feet above the ridge, but when I reached the semi-open summit bump I didn't find anything, other than a decent view over to Shelburne-Moriah. Does Middle Moriah just miss meriting a canister?