Cohos Trail in NH 10/8-10/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dscheidt

Reaction score
A friend and I are doing a section of the Cohos trail in Northern NH 10/8-11 going from Jefferson NH to Dixville Notch. A few questions:

1. This trail seems less accurately marked than many. Has anyone done this stretch recently? Is the guidebook relatively accurate? We're tryinig to do 15-20 miles per day. Is that doable by two people in relatively good shape?

2. We need a ride from Dixville Notch to Jefferson back to our car on 10/11 mid afternoon. Anyone able to lend a ride? Otherwise, we'll be hitchhiking.

Thanks! [email protected]

I traversed a very brief portion of the Cohos on a recent climb of N Percy.

Having heard the Co was a bit obscure and hard to follow, I was surprised to find it quite well signed and very brushed out.

I appeared much more of a thoroughfare than the N Percy trail!

I can't vouch any other sections of it, however.

Good luck with the hitch...

cb

the CT

I did the Cohos trail in 2004. In most places it was marked very well

The area though the northern whites is very well marked, and is even serendipitously marked in yellow like the rest of the trail. The area though Nash Stream forest is very well marked as well. We even did portions of Nash Stream at night. The biggest problem in these areas is getting at road intersections and there's only one major one which I can think of in the area you're traveling.

I'd highly recommend you get a guidebook and the maps too. The guidebook is actually entertaining to read and points out interesting views, etc... The guidebook is written for NOBOs, so you'll find it especially useful.

You can read my CT trail journal at http://trailjournals.com/location.cfm?trailname=3270