Mount Washington 62 deg

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouseking

Reaction score
According to the National Weather Service in Gray, Me, the rockpile had its warmest temperature on record for the month of October. In fact, MWN has never hit 60 degrees in October...ever! Makes me wonder about global warming. After the summit having its warmest summer ever and having it continue into October is truly amazing, and since global warming affects the most extreme climates more often, maybe this is more evidence to support the theory. Any thoughts???

grouseking

grouseking said:
In fact, MWN has never hit 60 degrees in October...ever! Makes me wonder about global warming. Any thoughts???
grouseking

In fact, we don't know if that's a fact since records have not been kept for Mt Washington since all warming and cooling cycles have befallen the globe.
(I guess that gives a hint where I stand on the theory of global warming)

DougG said:
In fact, we don't know if that's a fact since records have not been kept for Mt Washington since all warming and cooling cycles have befallen the globe.
(I guess that gives a hint where I stand on the theory of global warming)

Obviously a good point that makes global warming such an interesting debate. Every time I hear of an all time record high for an extreme climate, I automatically think about our changing climate overall. I also wonder how it will affect the mountains we love so much down the road. That's what this whole thread is about...just concern (maybe we don't need to be, but then again, maybe we do)....anyways to avoid any more debate i'll stop here...my bad

grouseking said:
Obviously a good point that makes global warming such an interesting debate. Every time I hear of an all time record high for an extreme climate, I automatically think about our changing climate overall. I also wonder how it will affect the mountains we love so much down the road. That's what this whole thread is about...just concern (maybe we don't need to be, but then again, maybe we do)....anyways to avoid any more debate i'll stop here...my bad
two very good posts in which i think we can all understand.. NOBODY knows!!!

although, the debate is fun to go back and forth with.. i used to be on the side of our current socites changeing the climate BUT in recent readings i have found that i'm not really sure what is going on!!