Moose stuck together?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cp2000

Reaction score
I overheard two people in public talking about how the Fish and Game found two moose who had been fighting that got there antlers stuck together and ended up dead still tangled up. They apparently had them stuffed. :confused:

Another "urban ledgend" or truth??????????

cp2000 said:
I overheard two people in public talking about how the Fish and Game found two moose who had been fighting that got there antlers stuck together and ended up dead still tangled up. They apparently had them stuffed. :confused:

Another "urban ledgend" or truth??????????

I heard about that too, and they were at the on display at the Deerfield Fair last weekend, although I could never find where they were set up.

grouseking said:
I heard about that too, and they were at the on display at the Deerfield Fair last weekend, although I could never find where they were set up.

They were down in the corner by the Scout booths, the National Guard, and tractor pull. It was pretty impresive.
The exhibit will be travelling, according to the pamphlet they will be on display at the Eastern Fishing & Outdoor Expo, Worcester, MA on Feb 9-12, 06; Green Mt.Lumberjack Show, Faihaven, VT 1 July, 06; and Warren Old Home Days Warren, NH 8 July 06.
NH Locked Moose Antler Project
Bob

Last edited:
Yes it indeed is true. Its actaully VERY exciting because "trophy" bull Moose fights (where both participants are of a mature age) rarely fight, instead using intimidation of younger bulls to get their way. But occasionaly an equal bull comes along and the fight is on. Heck, Moose fights are pretty rare in and of themselves! After a lengthy fundraising project the F&G managed to raise the money for the taxidermy. Ive seen pictures of the display and it is impressive to say the least.
Brian

Moose Fight

I HEARD a moose fight once from over a mile away. By the time I got to the battleground, it was over. Nothing but a lot of blood, hair all over the tracked up snow.

Looked like a war zone. :eek:

tycho_32 said:
If I am not mistaken they were making war in order to make love.

Ain't that always the way! :rolleyes:

Anyone know if there's info on the exhibit on the web anywhere?

It might be more common than you would think. There is a bar near Eagle Lake with a display of locked Moose antlers.

What a tragic way to go.....