MDI Marathon - Acadia National Park

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Artex

Reaction score
This past weekend, Yam and I camped out on Mt. Desert Island near Acadia National Park. We were there because I ran in the Mt. Desert Island Marathon which goes through the park.

I had a great race! I ran it in 3:37:02 (8:17/mile pace). That was a little slower than I had originally hoped for, but given that it was my first marathon, the course was EXTREMELY hilly, it was cold, rainy, and super windy, I'm very stoked about my time! It really added to the adventure

The focus of my report is mostly on the marathon and it is quite long. I apologize for it not exactly being hiking related, but given that there are some pretty scenic pictures of Acadia on my report and we did actually camp out, I hoped that it could pass. :p

Trip/race report and pictures are up on personal website. Click here for a direct link.

A HUGE thanks to Yam for being a valuable crew member, and as always, great company! :D :D :D

That's awesome, man, congrats! I might be running my first marathon next spring and reading your report and thoughts while running it was very cool.
Good stuff!

Did it!!! Congratulations that's awesome. What a great place to run through.

THANK YOU, Artex, thank you!! Somebody had to do it. Your stepping up to the plate took the pressure off many of us...

great report on your website! and great job for your first marathon. i'm so proud of all your hard work and how well you did!
i'm sure hiking made a huge difference on the uphills.... keep it up and soon you'll be doing the Boston Marathon! :cool:

Jamie- Nice job, congratulations.

Whats very impressive was how you were able to keep your splits relatively near your average time from the start- on a first marathon its easy to get out quick and lose the pace. (taken from experience)

Congratulations

Great job on your first marathon. It is a tremendous feeling isn't it? Mine was Boston 2004. Good luck in your future running endeavors.

Good race!

Awesome Artex!! Great time for your first marathon. I was just reading about the marathon on Cool Running website, it sounded very challenging. Good for you!
I have put it on my list of to-do's!!
kmac

Excellent

:) Jamie -
Congrats-your mile by mile pace looks a lot like mine did many years ago...although I think I thru in a plus 10 and plus 11 near miles 22-23.
Great job out there - not the best of conditions.
That course sounds tougher than Boston.

nice work

you finished in the top 100.very nice.must of been your support crew

drewski said:
you finished in the top 100.very nice.must of been your support crew

Ha ha ha! She was definitely a big help.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. :D :D :D

Congratulations!

I am duly impressed that on your first marathon you were able to pay such close attention and remember so much detail to write up afterwards. I think I'd just be focused on breathing and my feet. :)

This one does *not* go on my to-do list. I'll remain a spectator!

closing the thread

After a number of consultations and concern, we're closing the thread. It was off topic to begin with, and our dilemma is that by the time Darren and I saw this, a lot of good members had already chimed in with replies.
We're again asking thread-starters to give thought to what they are posting.
In this case, it was acknowledged that it was not hiking related. Because it was in a beautiful setting doesn't really change that.
One of the things that influenced our decision to close the thread was the concern that the next off-topic thread starter might claim we're showing favorites.
The reality is that this should not have been here to start with.

Peakbagr

Status
Not open for further replies.