excellent snowshoeing

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spider solo

Reaction score
I don't know how long it will last but the the snow was great for snow shoeing today.
I was by Greenleaf hut and up on Lafayette and the snow was nice dry and some of it wind packed.
Lots of time the peaks are wind swept so I was pleasantly surprised to find such nice conditions.
Seems these next few days will be a great chance to enjoy it.
Anybody know of some areas...like above tree line for example, that got a good covering.
...or any trails to check out ?

Hard to know ridge by ridge, but in general the E facing slopes got dumped on by this long wet storm, with a bit of a "snow shadow" west of the highest ridges. I'd think Carters/Wildcats might have gotten the most out of this pattern, followed by the Presis... but most areas above 3500' got a lot I think.

Thanks for that. :)

Yes, the Carters/Wildcats are very well covered. Lately, it's been rare to even glimpse the peaks through all the constant cloud-cover. The Moats are covered at the very top, so it looks like that would be a nice ridge to snowshoe.

Happy Trails!