Can you survive?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't.. Well not really, it doesn't seem to work with firefox, you click on the start game and you get a 404-page not found error. Works in IE though... going to try that....

:)

Jay

teejay said:
I just went through one game. I selected no gear for my inventory, made no choices of any of the options and survived to reach the helicopter in the valley.

Hmmm.

teejay

Yes - I was not all that impressed with my results...it did not seem to matter much what I did...

I was a bit disappointed with the options. Apparently this is a scenario based on the book "Alive". My friend dies and there is no food option to start with?

I died the first time, trying to do rational things. The second time i set the plane on fire, and the third time i just kept walking without rest or food and found the helicopter? Not too realistic, i am going to find the "Oregon trail" somewhere and play that.

Last edited:
I stopped once to get some clothes (I guess we were flying naked?) and then just kept on moving until I got to the helicopter...

Don't know, doesn't seem like a realistic test since your character can tough it out through anything without any tools or food.
Still fun, nevertheless.

ps-throwing snowballs at the helicopter blades is fun ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, apparently Firefox isn't a fan of this game, but my curiousity's piqued.

king tut said:
Not too realistic, i am going to find the "Oregon trail" somewhere and play that.

Now that's a great idea! Better yet, anyone have any old "Choose Your Own Adventure Books" to loan?

Jay H said:
I didn't.. Well not really, it doesn't seem to work with firefox, you click on the start game and you get a 404-page not found error. Works in IE though... going to try that....

:)

Jay

The page you requested cannot be found on Equipped To Survive™

Is it possible that the page you requested was not Equipped To Survive™ and has therefor perished, was removed or had its name changed? It may also just be temporarily unavailable.

Is there a "Donner Pass" RPG out there?

wow good thing i played that great game instead of doing all the work i need to do. at least it's easy to survive so i didn't get frustrated...

I thought it would be more challenging...
I tried being rational and using the equipment on hand and eventually survived with about 40% health and 30% energy left.
Then I just hit "forward" until I got to the helicopter and survived with like 70% health and 80% energy.
Doesn't make sense. I didn't eat anything, I didn't put on extra clothes, I did nothing but move. In a blizzard...

okay, so maybe it's a work in progress, but it was fun.

my first time around I blew up the airplane by lighting a fire. If the game told me there was leaky jet fuel, I of course wouldn't light a fire!

as someone mentioned, it brought me back to the days of Oregon Trail and Hotdog Stand!

spencer

Yeah, not too realistic.

This time around I got to the cave and just sat there gorging myself on my endless supply of chocolate bars and making plastic coats... maybe I'll eventually die of hyperglycemia.

Last edited:
Not quite like Alive since munching on your companion wasn't an option...

I played it a few times - the best I did was 90% health and energy, but I did manage to die once too.

Interestingly, I found the same choices do not always yield the same results.

No idea who wrote it or what the parameters are, but good for a bit of fun!

Ok, best yet was 90% health and 100% energy. I think my trap setting skills got better over time ;)

ok... back to work :D

Found clothes and wore my sleeping bag and kept moving...that's all it takes. Oh, I stopped once and built a snow shelter but that was just for fun.