Best 3 (or 4) season rain shell

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonst

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new rain shell and am soliciting opinions. I currently have a Marmot precip but am annoyed by the fact that the laminate is delaminating from the nylon at crease points. I'm looking into the MH Epic and others and wondered what you all have trail tested and have found is the best bang for the buck.

J

I have the MH Epic...great rain shell, nice hood, always keeps me bone dry. I cannot comment on it's durability though...I've probably only worn it on 7-8 trips though I typically always bring it along. Generally speaking, the construction quality on MH stuff is top notch...I agree with Kevin though, nothing will last forever. I like the welded chest pocket for cell phone, GPS or whatever else absolutely cannot get wet.

I had the Marmot Precip for a couple of years, right up until its waterproof-ness completely deteriorated. I bought the MH Epic as a replacement, and I love it! It might be just slightly heavier, but I like its hood construction and pocket configuration much better than the Precip. It's all personal preference.
-katie