Leaf Blower Assisted Rescue

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone must have had it sitting in the bed of their truck and had a bright idea. I was having a hard time thinking someone would drive off to go get one....but maybe?

Someone must have had it sitting in the bed of their truck and had a bright idea. I was having a hard time thinking someone would drive off to go get one....but maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mead had one hanging around.

Leaf blowers are the tool of the Devil and I will celebrate the day they are wiped from this earth. That said, a broken clock is right twice a day. I commend the efforts of this particular leaf blower and acknowledge its service.

Why is that? I must be missing something .....

They emit a noise at a decibel range that pierces into a man's brain, causing great distress. It's a terrible droning noise that penetrates deeper into the brain than any other power tool. A noise that makes a man want to hurt, nay kill the perpetrator. This is the time of year when I glare out the window at my neighbors as they fruitless blow leaves from one place to another. They don't realize the disdain I hold for them. But I know...

They emit a noise at a decibel range that pierces into a man's brain, causing great distress. It's a terrible droning noise that penetrates deeper into the brain than any other power tool. A noise that makes a man want to hurt, nay kill the perpetrator. This is the time of year when I glare out the window at my neighbors as they fruitless blow leaves from one place to another. They don't realize the disdain I hold for them. But I know...
Reminds me of the time some dude woke me up snoring while spending the night at Guyout.

I couldn't live without my leaf blowers, but admittedly, they do emit a particularly annoying sound. However, I think the jet ski is far worse.

I couldn't live without my leaf blowers, but admittedly, they do emit a particularly annoying sound. However, I think the jet ski is far worse.

Join me brother and let us aid one another. Cast aside your bellowing monstrosities and I will wage war with you against your aquatic adversaries.

Before I do any leaf removal, I blow them into one massive pile.. I went to Home Depot and bought a monster. You might want to drive the long way around my house. A little child was walking by my house once alone, I just lifted my blower, and he went down like a bowling pin.:eek:

After falling Tuesday because of leaves covering the trail with likely a bruise below my knee, the scrape only had minor bleeding and the other points of contact were either did not bleed or are no longer sore, If I had been carrying a litter, I'd have been very grateful for the leaf blower. Fell descending Belknap. The 3M waterproof bandages that say they stick for four days do indeed stick for four days. Will answer the question later about having any hair left on my leg later. Did a Carr traverse on Wednesday and descending towards 25 was nice in the fir forest but sketchy in the leaves below. That side doesn't seem to get much use as the trail through the logging area was not well marked (cut down) and not beaten down very much.

Leaf removal should be part of every trail adopter's checklist in the fall. Leaf blower, solar or battery powered of course, or a rake.:D

Leaf removal should be part of every trail adopter's checklist in the fall. Leaf blower, solar or battery powered of course, or a rake.:D

I have used a hedge rake for leaf removal in the water bar drainages and a couple meters above each on Mount Moosilauke’s Glencliff Trail for the past 25 years, but hiker beware of stretches in between the 210 water bars right now. Last Saturday’s effort was my swan song, as I gave notice to DOC.

Last edited:
I have used a hedge rake for leaf removal in the water bar drainages and a couple meters above each on Mount Moosilauke’s Glencliff Trail for the past 25 years, but hiker beware of stretches in between the 210 water bars right now. Last Saturday’s effort was my swan song, as I gave notice to DOC.

Thank you for your long time dedication.

Blower noise

Maybe you have misophonia? For many individuals, it’s a strong aversion to the noise of other people eating food near them, or even other people breathing. Some people describe the feeling they get as intense hatred, almost to the point of barely being able to control themselves from doing violent harm to stop it. Just ask my wife. 😀

But for any particular person, the triggers can be any type of sound.

Call me old fashioned, but...

I long for the good old days when the air was blue with burning piles of leaves. Much more enjoyable smell than the blue air of two-stroke leaf blowers.

California has banned two stroke engines for yard equipment and other states will eventually follow. Landscapers are not very happy about it. The electric units still make a lot of noise but less than two strokes. The economics are already tipped towards electric, two strokes are not very efficient and with gas in excess of $6 a gallon, its cheaper to charge batteries off peak.