Old pictures - Can you identify locations?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos...great scans from the slides. Looking at these while listening to the Cinderalla song from Wu's Cog thread I'm in a nostalgic coma of sorts. Pining away to go back to my childhood for some of the old summer trips with my parents in the 60's - 70's. At least now I get to take my kids on summer trips.

High use impact

So does anyone have a current photo of the same location where the USAF complex was? It would be interesting to see what the remaining impact from that facility is.

So does anyone have a current photo of the same location where the USAF complex was? It would be interesting to see what the remaining impact from that facility is.
You might take a look at the area on Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...844,-71.302471&spn=0.005293,0.008562&t=h&z=17

Either or both of the two clearings between the auto road and the cog railway may be related to the USAF complex. A few years ago, I parked at the more northerly of the clearings and followed a path (visible on the image) over to the Gulfside Trail.

Doug

A few years ago, I parked at the more northerly of the clearings and followed a path (visible on the image) over to the Gulfside Trail.
That is probably the original Gulfside as mentioned earlier.