new snowshoes ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard

Reaction score
Why can`t I buy new snowshoes any where ? ? Everywhere that I check says they are out of stock !

Covid-19 has caused both a supply chain issue and an increase in demand for outdoor gear. Depending on the conditions, I bounce between hiking, cross country skiing, biking and disc golf. All of these activities are seeing equipment shortages right now.

I was just at Dicks sporting goods and they had quite a few pairs for sale.

I bought a new couch and it took 16 weeks to be delivered. My dog was not happy.:D

It's been the same thing with all outdoor gear. I was looking at high end below zero sleeping bags and some were out of stock until May when you wouldn't need it. With the temps cold in TX and likely to take some time to get all back, sleeping bags are going to be an issue for a while.

It's been the same thing with all outdoor gear. I was looking at high end below zero sleeping bags and some were out of stock until May when you wouldn't need it. With the temps cold in TX and likely to take some time to get all back, sleeping bags are going to be an issue for a while.

I was eyeballing high end sleeping bags and quilts too awhile back and was pretty surprised at the in-stock situation with a lot of companies.

There is quite a shipping container crisis right now and anything being imported is experiencing massive delays. Many container companies are not even waiting to fill the containers for return shipping before sending them back to China because there is a ton of goods waiting and the rates are 4 times higher than what they were pre-pandemic. I forgot what company they were talking about the other day on CNBC but the Christmas decorations they ordered last Summer just arrived at the port for pick up. Lot of stuff like that happening right now. It's quite a mess.

Just be glad you aren't a competitive target shooter in need of ammo.