You bring cake, I'll bring steak! 2-22-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there though not hiking, unfortunately... tramway will be the next best thing to meet up with you on top! Cya there! :)

aright - whats the mf'ing logisitics?? -looks like I am gonna hit this event.

what are folks hikin up - hi cannon? kinsman ridge, start times? - let it all out of the bag folks...

Last edited:
Hey Giggy, logistics are in the plain print on page one posted back on January 16th.:D In the spirit of NH (Live Free or Die) I posted hike whichever you like. I'm traveling up the very tame Lonesome Lake Trail from Lafayette Place at about 8am. Possible stops and detours, hut privy and NE Cannonball. Should put us on top tween noon and 1pm.;) Planning to exit down Kinsman Ridge Trail and using the Glades on the lower half. The mountains ski trail report shows it closed for skiers. So it looks like fair game for glissading!:eek:

aright - whats the mf'ing logisitics?? -looks like I am gonna hit this event.

what are folks hikin up - hi cannon? kinsman ridge, start times? - let it all out of the bag folks...

Thinking about banging the Kinsmans in the morning then over the Balls to catch up with the party around 1:00 - the summit lodge sells beer I hear.....

Any takers???

Lonesome Lake, up and back. Hoping to make it to the trailhead by 8am but it'll probably end up being 9 since my friend is joining me and seems to think that getting up at 5am on Sunday to go hiking is odd or something...I think he's the weirdo :rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll at least arrive at the summit while everybody's up there. Congrats in advance Dave!

If anyone could perhaps give me a ride to this, please pm me. I'd like to join DaveBear and company at the Lonesome Lake trailhead and start with them (8am).

My family would like to come up the tram, and I want to hike....and our family shares a car. If I take the car in the morning then they can't get there later.

If anyone can help me out, please let me know.

You'd be picking me up in Campton, about 4 miles off exit 28 (I-93).

If I can get out of bed Sunday morning (assuming I make it to it Saturday night!), I may try to be up there. In the very least, the idea of overpriced, fried food at the summit may be enough to motivate my broken body to climb!

In the very least, the idea of overpriced, fried food at the summit may be enough to motivate my broken body to climb!

SKip the food and just go for the hot buttered rum at the bar. Just one sent my head on a nice little fuzzy vacation a few weeks ago. However, I'm getting old so maybe my tolerance just isn't what it used to be.

Is there really a summit lodge on Cannon, or is this a massive joke to which I've easily fallen into?

No joke.

tramsummit-2007-0726b.jpg

At the top of the Tramway, which ends a few dozen vertical feet below the summit, there's a lodge with a cafeteria, restrooms, and booze.

Is there really a summit lodge on Cannon, or is this a massive joke to which I've easily fallen into?

Nope, it's there, open, and with a nice little bar.

A few weeks ago, my family walked over to the summit from the mountaintop lodge and found three very happy, extremely loaded skiers. They tried to make pleasant conversation, slurring away at us gleefully with their eyes looking about in every direction. My husband and I tried to converse with a straight face, it was very difficult not to burst out laughing. They were sweet guys, but I haven't seen anyone that drunk in a really long time.

I'm assuming they got down in one piece. :rolleyes:

The best thing about stopping at the lodge is the looks you get from people as you walk in with backpacks and hiking gear. Almost as good as the people you sometimes run into at some of the lookouts before you get to the lodge.

Here's one conversation I had the first time I did Cannon:

Tourist: "Did you hike up here?"

Me: "Yes I did"

Tourist: "All the way from the bottom?"

:D

The best thing about stopping at the lodge is the looks you get from people as you walk in with backpacks and hiking gear. Almost as good as the people you sometimes run into at some of the lookouts before you get to the lodge.

I agree with that! I especially like leaning my snowshoes up against a ski rack adjacent to large skis. Or the looks I get when I walk into the lodge with an ice axe strapped to my pack.