Crampons as dangerous weapons!!!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzbo

Reaction score
Waltham, MA Jazzbo & Marty meet Bigfoot on Kenne
I thought this little item would be good for laugh or two. I have a surplus of crampons currently so I thought I would try to sell a couple of pairs on Facebook Marketplace which normally is very effective way to sell surplus stuff. I posted an ad for some 10-point strap on crampons with a niece set of closeup photos. I checked tonight to see if I got any potential buyers for them. I got a warning from FB that this item violates policy for selling weapons and was not viewable. I guess they are sort of scary looking to a robotic screening system. :eek:

20211117_194911-XL.jpg

20211117_201727-XL.jpg

I have several pairs of unusable wind pants that would agree crampons are deadly weapons.

I have several pairs of unusable wind pants that would agree crampons are deadly weapons.

Come to think of it I recall a winter hike to Tripyramid's led by Mohamed E when one of the folks in our group tripped and managed to puncture his knee with his crampons. FB By the way offers chance to appeal the decision which I have done. I'll update on outcome of my appeal.

I guess selling an ice axe is also a no-no.

I just checked my listing on FB Marketplace and I see it is now active. That didn't take too long. I did search in marketplace for ice ax and found many ice axes for sale although they look like they might make better weapon than the crampons at least as hand held weapon.

It is important to be careful out there on the resale especially when flammables are involved.78091FB8-684C-4E89-AF86-702A3B3B23F4.jpeg

I managed to insert a crampon point into my leg a few inches above the knee one icy evening in the Adirondacks. Luckily it did not go in deep. Unfortunately when it came out it ripped my goretex pants all the way down to the cuff.

For the Bruce Lee fans in the crowd, an animal friendly "Enter the Dragon" could have had the villain wear crampons on his hands instead of the bear paw like things he did wear.

And flapping your arms helplessly will not make you fly in order to avoid the face-plant.

I haven't face planted with crampons with just a small slit in one gaiter. That said, face planting by stepping on my snowshoes is a winter rite of passage.

I haven't face planted with crampons with just a small slit in one gaiter. That said, face planting by stepping on my snowshoes is a winter rite of passage.

Well....in all honesty, I actually did manage to roll and turned my head slightly once the initial arm-flapping reflex showed no signs of flight ability, so my shoulder took the fall. My legs were stuck together between wind pant and crampon point as I tried to hop down from a 2 foot ledge. Did something similar a second time before learning to be more careful.