Adirondack Hiker found deceased

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a Dack site similar to NH F&G that will eventually provide more detail on this accident?

He planned to do the Trip Dike in winter which can be bit tricky, although it is skied.

Is there a Dack site similar to NH F&G that will eventually provide more detail on this accident?

He planned to do the Trip Dike in winter which can be bit tricky, although it is skied.
Skied?!

NY State DEC would be the equivalent agency. As of this writing however, they have not even said if he was in fact found in the Dkye.

From a 3rd hand report, there were several Rangers at the summit of Colden the day he was recovered. My guess is that he was not found on a trail leading to Colden, as that would not have taken a week for him to be found.

Last edited:

This is a good site. You can sign up for email updates.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/index.html

Stuff like this:

Town of Lake George
Warren County
ATV Incident: On Feb. 22 at 12:30 p.m., Ray Brook Dispatch requested Forest Ranger assistance for a subject stranded on the ice in the Mother Bunch Islands area of Lake George. The 52-year-old from Florida was on an ATV and struck a heave in the ice, trapping the ATV. Rangers Kabrehl, Perryman, and Quinn, and Environmental Conservation Police Officer (ECO) LaPoint responded on an airboat. With 50-degree temperatures and rain, the ice was not safe for a snowmobile or ATV. Rangers brought the subject to safety and worked with ECO LaPoint to attempt to remove the ATV. The ATV was stuck too deep in the ice, so the responders attached ice buoys and a floating marker so they could return later when conditions were better to retrieve the machine.

Last edited:
So sad for this solo hiker.

It doesn't even look like there is that much snow in the Dike from the rescue pics in the article. I really doesn't take much I guess...

WEB_Trap_Dike_search_and_recovery_2.jpg